About I.Y.T.M.

My photo
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Inspiring Youth Through Mentoring is a place for all mentors, parents and those needing and wanting to be mentored to come and share their experiences and life changing moments. I.Y.T.M. is family oriented and focuses on providing positive change for our youth. I.Y.T.M. supports all organizations for their services when it comes to helping the lives of our youth.

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I'm just too BUSY or I don't have the TIME!

This not only relates to just mentors but parents and those who have children in their homes. I bet most of you find yourself so busy that you or the kids have so much going on that you don't have time for them and continue to focus on other things. We as parents, guardians, and mentors need to stop the fast forward button and hit the play button on those things that matter the most and those are our children. If we focus so much on other things besides them, what's the purpose of what you're actually doing so much? Think about it, our children are our future so we have to make sure they are raised up right so that they will have a chance at what we've worked so hard for. If not, it's just a waste of our time. I'm not saying just stop what you're doing, but please consider what your priorities are. After working with youthful offenders for the past 7 years I have found this to be a trend in the homes.

No comments:

Post a Comment